twitter
    Life as I know it.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lego Vision Command Camera Drivers (Vista)

Rewind about 9 years and I was the coolest kid on the block when I unpacked my Lego Mindstorm Vision Command for the world to drool at:

9 years and countless operating systems later, support for this system is now essentially non-existent. Few still design Lego robots using the obsolete RCX 1.0 system and drivers are no longer made for the Vision Command Camera.

I was determined to get my lego camera working with Vista and after countless hours of internet searching, I discovered that the Vision Command Camera is essentially an old "Logitech Camera Web".
I eventually happened upon a link to a driver that made the camera work in Vista:
is730enu.exe

Unfortunately the microphone would not work with this driver - though I did not feel as strong a need to get that working. So there you have it. A somewhat complete fix to getting your Vision Command Camera working with Vista.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good start, but now you need mod it into a standalone Webcam so people can see what your webcam sees 24/7.

    ReplyDelete